As this is my first blog, I’m going to write an update for a C# library I wrote in early 2001 on csharphelp.com site. Although it was the first open source FTP client library for .Net, there is a lot changed since then. But I still get emails from people asking about bugs, license etc. And I always send the same reply (when I get the time to do that).
From framework version 2.0, Microsoft has added WebClient class and you could do a lot of networking stuff with it. It is much easier to do FTP downloads/uploads with this new class. There are a lot of articles on the net on how to use FTP with WebClient class, so I’m not going to reinvent the wheel here. Some sites I’ve got through Googling is listed here.
So if anybody is still using my old library, please update your code to use WebClient class.
- Check digit calculator for barcodes and credit cards
- An Excel Addin to work with Unicode CSV files
- SimpleImageInfo – A Java class to get image size without loading the whole data
- Making Scrollable Tables with fixed headers – Updated
- Migrating 10g JSF Web project with ADF Faces components in jspx pages to 11g Facelets pages using Rich components
- Monitoring Log4J messages on a browser via server push
- Making Scrollable Tables with fixed headers
- C# FTP Client Library